The Public Safety Department is very interested in youth involvement in our community. Each year we have many requests for our officers to give tours, make presentations, and participate in area events. More than 100 presentations are conducted annually. They include:
- Frequent visits to the schools
- Safety talks given in area schools
- Special request presentations
- “Stranger Danger” presentations
- Tours through the station
Volunteer firefighters and officers participate in the Fall Festivals at the Woodway Elementary and South Bosque Elementary schools. The Fire Safety House spends one day each year at each of the two elementary schools. All classes are given the opportunity to learn how to vacate their homes in case of a fire.