The responsibility of the Customer Service Department is to provide effective assistance to the residents of Woodway in conjunction with water, sewer, and trash services. The Department reads and maintains water meters throughout the City and performs all functions in conjunction with the customer’s monthly utility bills. The Department processes in excess of 4,000 accounts in three cycles of utility bills each month.

New Accounts

We are glad you chose Woodway for your home or place of business!

Woodway would like to make your moving experience into your new home or business as smooth as possible. Woodway provides water, trash, recycling, and sewer services.

To start a new account for utility services, please fill out the Request for Residential Water Service or the Request for Commercial Water Service and email or fax it to City Hall with a clear copy of your driver’s license.

Please be sure to include either an email or phone number where you can be contacted after the account is set up in case a water deposit is required to set up service.

Other Important links for new residents

Water, Sewer & Trash Rates

To review the rates for Water, Sewer, and Refuse Services, please see the Master Fee Schedule.

Sewer Rate Calculation

Sewer rates are calculated on the average water consumption billed on your February and March water billings. The February billing includes part of January’s consumption and part of February’s consumption. The March billing includes the remainder of February’s consumption and part of March’s consumption. This average consumption will be used to calculate your monthly sewer rate for a year beginning in April and ending in March.


Payments can be made at City Hall located at 922 Estates Drive anytime during normal 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. business hours Monday through Friday. Payments made after 4:30 p.m. will be posted on the next business day. We accept check, cash, and all major credit cards. Payment can also be sent through the mail.

You can also pay through the following options:

  • Online payment portal
  • Payments can be sent by mail.
  • Payment Drop Box – A Drop Box is available for your convenience and is located in the City Hall parking lot. Payments deposited in the Drop Box are picked up at 8 a.m. Monday through Friday.

What do I do if I Have a Water Leak?

If you think you may have detected a water leak, it is important that you call Customer Service at 254.772.4480. There may be assistance available to you for your water bill if you have a leak and it is repaired.

To qualify, your consumption during the leak period must be over 15,000 gallons.

Is there any kind of adjustment to my bill if I have a leak?

If you qualify for an adjustment, you will need to fill out a Request for Water / Sewer Rate Adjustment Form and then provide a receipt for your repair. Your request will take approximately two weeks to process once it has been submitted to the Customer Service Department.

During this process, the Meter Reader will check your meter to make sure your leak has been repaired. We then calculate your adjustment, if applicable. (For more specifics, please read the policy of water use which is part of the Request for Water Rate Adjustment Form.) Once your request has been processed, you will be notified by mail.

If your water leak was during the months used to calculate your averaging sewer rate, you may also request a sewer rate adjustment by completing the Request for Sewer Rate Adjustment.

Billing Cycle / Route Information

Cycle 1

Routes 14 through 17 are read the 1st week of the month.

Cycle 2

Routes 18 through 22 are read the 2nd week of the month.

Cycle 3

Routes 23 through 27 are read the 3rd week of the month.

Cycle 4

Routes 1 and 2 are read during the 3rd week of the month.

Billing Example